Monday 25 November 2013

My friends made me do this

Again, I was contemplating not writing this blog, as for the second week running, my readers have halved. I think the constant chocolate message along with the cancer message is boring people. God knows, I get bored with living with it every day.

Then a few things happened that made me realise how important it is for me to put something out every week, while I can.

I spent the most wonderful afternoon with four friends I had met on twitter and who have been so supportive. Two of them had travelled over from Ireland for a long weekend and made a point of blocking off a whole afternoon, just to spend some quality time with me. They were driven over by another beautiful friend and her husband, a journey of an hour and a half each way, and they could not have done anything more to make the afternoon such a lovely experience. My illness, in a sense, brought us together and will ultimately split us. However, the experience we shared will live on through the four of you and the shared tears were a sign of true affection. xx



I have the pleasure of doing the same with 6 or 7 friends up in Bradford next week, when I am up there doing a chocolate tasting and demo for Homeless Beanies UK, along with a very, very special guest. Someone suggested I should get T-Shirts printed for my 'Hello/Goodbye' tour. It is a good job I don't have the money to do so, as I would :)  There are also one or two more visits to friends being arranged. :)))

Then, out of the blue last night, when I was totally flopped out after the afternoon, I received a tweet from a lovely woman, who only started following me about eight weeks ago, asking if she had missed my blog, as she had not seen it on Twitter. That message, meant so much to me, as when i started writing my blog, I always said that if my message reaches one person, I was doing what I set out to do. So, @sashlennox take a bow :)

Add to that, the countless friends who message me just to see how things are, and the one or two I see regularly and I am one lucky blogger

On the chocolate front, things have slowed down a little but think people are waiting for December (or at least I hope so). I am on target for getting what I set out for in the first place for my estranged daughter and what will be her final presents from me. I wont lie, each batch of chocolates does tire me out and there may be the odd tear or two shed as I make them BUT it is for her I do this xx

On the health front, I have experienced one or two difficulties and setbacks but that is to be expected and like everything else, I chose to dance xx






8 comments:

  1. Your chocolates are made with love. You can taste that in them. Please keep going for as long as you can xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Marj. I plan too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have chatted a bit on FB recently and I think you know how much I love your chocolates.
    What you are doing is simply wonderful and I send you all the healing energies I can so that you may continue for as long as you can, for YOU your daughter and those nearest and dearest to you.
    I have a blog and I am terrible for remembering to post to it on a regular basis, but I know its there for me to write to when I have something to say. The important thing is you use it for yourself as much as for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous picture! I must remember my camera when we meet up, lots of pictures to take! I can't wait to devour, I mean give my chocolates out as presents,

    What people think doesn't matter, this is something i am learning. Write for you, write for that one person, but forget the numbers and just write! Stop thinking about everyone else David, take time for you, take time to put your thoughts down, when she is ready your daughter will have all of these posts to read too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing amazingly well David, keep going. I'm so pleased you're getting to meet so many new friends - blogging is great for that. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. David, please blog and share the blog to FaceBook so we can all promote it to our friends, share your thoughts, and from your unique position share your advice on how people should consider investing some valuable quality time with their loved ones and friends coming up to the festive season.
    None of us know how soon it will be too late, you are facing that prospect with dignity and courage... What 3 pieces of advice would you share, (or more if you have them) with someone who could make a difference in their relationships over the festive period.
    Food for thought my friend, don't stop writing your blog, find time to share your thoughts, little and often.
    warm regards, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I ask, Why don't you see your daughter any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because, despite being a Daddy's girl all her life, she decided she could not cope with watching me be ill and losing me. :(

      Delete