Sunday 3 November 2013

Okay, so it seems talking about it is taboo

I am going to dedicate the first part of this blog to positive news, that way, the few people who have made comment that talking about terminal illness can turn off. A bit like not wanting to see the scores from the football on the news before watching Match of the Day on a Saturday night.

First weekend of my Tastes of Christmas Chocolates sales has seen orders for 16 boxes, which have all been freshly made and will be going out tomorrow. Those of you who have followed my blog and know the reason I am doing the chocolates will appreciate how much this means to me. If I can get a similar number of orders each week, I will be able to get my daughter, who I no longer see, a final Christmas present(s) that she will remember. For those of you who are new to me and have not read any of the previous blogs, I plan to get her a portrait of the two of us (taken from two separate photo's) and a laptop that will get her through her A levels and College, so please, if you are considering getting some, email me what you would like hometohomecooking@hotmail.co.uk  (you will put a smile on a father's face)

Staying on a chocolate theme, I am part of an evening in Bradford on the 5th December to help raise attention to Street Homelessness and the role Homeless Beanies UK plays. http://www.everydayhero.co.uk/event/CheeseandWineDonations  It is a long way for me to travel by public transport but I will because it is something I am passionate about and I want to be there to explain how by buying Homeless Beanies UK, you are helping the street homeless help themselves (well, that will be the idea) .

I still want to work with the two other charities I have previously named but I cannot do that on a single order basis. Buy in bulk, it makes my life so much easier and then gives you incentive to sell them on or use for promotion.

Talking of charity, I just want to have a little moan about BBC Children in Need, which I have supported every year. I read a story that Panorama had been ordered by the BBC not to continue its investigations into reports that some of our money is actually paid in to Hedge Funds and that they then invest in things like tobacco fields (and I am a smoker). One of the BBC Directors stated that they have no control as to where this money is invested. WHAT??? I shall not be donating this year but will make a contribution directly to a Children's Charity.

Okay, those of you who don't want to read about cancer/terminal illness and emotions, this is the time for you to click off and go look at cute photo's of puppies and kittens (I would if I had the choice)



I think I made a big mistake in my last blog when I said that sometimes, when people check on me, I sometimes take their feelings into consideration before I answer as to how I am. This has resulted in numerous people not asking, which was never my intention, so sorry.

I made a promise to my best friend last week, which is only fair, that I will arrange to see the consultant with her, mainly because she fears she will miss crucial signs of my health deteriorating. As she is my next of kin and the person who will let you all know, when something does happen, I am happy to do this but I am not too sure how quick they will be, after me sacking them all earlier this year. I suppose signs like constant pain in left bicep and shoulder, will not just go away but at the same time, having it checked out will not make me better.

To finish off on the cancer front, I do find myself getting very emotional, for no apparent reason and this goes from floods of tears to an anger that I do not like, as it is not me at all. If, like me, you or a loved one is suffering with issues around this, please consult http://www.canceractive.com/index.aspx who are excellent or drop me an email.



2 comments:

  1. So pleased with how many orders you have had! Amazing, you are well on your way to achieving your goal!

    That is disgusting about the BBC/Children in Need. I think, unfortunately, this is something you will find with a lot of charities, which is why i try to help other people rather than donate to big ones.

    I am glad your best friend is there for you and wanting to take an active interest in how things effect you at what stage. It's practical and very caring!
    The pain in your should/arm could easily be something else that is just impacting on your weakened immune system, maybe? With emotions, I am not surprise you are how yo are. It is a tremendous burden to have the knowledge you have about where you life is going. I would be more shocked if you had no random emotional responses and just so you know I can be exactly the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had better warn Sarah to bring along a big box of tissues on the 5th then :) xx

    ReplyDelete