Thursday 18 July 2013

Blessed

It may sound a little daft but living with terminal illness is something which has made me realise how blessed I really am. It has allowed my mind, my heart, my soul to understand what is actually important in life and has enabled me to view friends situations with far more clarity and empathy.

Everyone has their own problems and issues to deal with and the last 6 months has helped me look at things with a complete new perspective. It does not matter what their problems may be, it is now so much easier for me to say, hey, I am here for you if you need me. Yes, I have worked mainly in a care environment, in child protection for most of my adult life but at the end of the day, it was a job. Now it is a personal choice to be there for people and in return, I know certain people are there for me, for which I am blessed.

I can say and do things now with a freedom that was bereft from my previous 45 years and it is liberating. Knowing something that you do can have a positive effect or at least a small impact is in itself a lesson to me as to why I was here in the first place.

I know, at some point, I have one big thing to do but until then, I am happy to play my part, without any thought other than that I am finding the world a better place for getting to know people can care for each other.

David
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment