Saturday 18 January 2014

Sometimes it is good to go back

Some of you will have noticed that I have not put up a blog for the last two weeks. This has been a mixture of not really feeling up to it and the fact that I was not happy with the way my blogs came across on Wordpress, something that I changed when I linked it to the website. I have made the decision to go back to blogger, hope it is not too confusing for people but the idea in the first place was to get my blog out to as many people as possible and this, for me, is the best way of doing so.

It has been a very hard few days, firstly with the death of Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger) of pancreatic cancer (something which was kept very quiet by his family). Here is one of the most recognisable actors of the last 20 years and I am sure everyone will have watched him in either Only Fools and Horses or Vicar of Dibley. It is a sad loss to the acting world and an even sadder one for his family.

Then we have the ongoing Coronation Street story, something that I have refused to watch, but on Monday we have the 'assisted suicide' culmination, a decision taken as Hayley does not want her loved ones to see the pain she would have been in if her character was to be shown living with the effects. I can truly understand that and know many people with terminal illness would choose to take this course of action. I have been there and I am sure I will revisit.

One of the main things I need to avoid is stress, as it will speed up my illness. try telling that to City Link and Interparcels, who between them managed to damage beyond repair, 21 boxes of chocolates that was going to Homeless Beanies. Neither company will accept that they are at fault, blaming each other, blaming Christmas, blaming ME !!! So much so, the senior manager at Interparcel freely admits that he has not done enough for his customer (me) and has no intention of doing so!!!! Apart from the financial implication to myself, as in I am having to replace all of these chocolates, the stress these two companies have caused is immense.

Add to that, yet another set of rejections from my daughter and you can quickly see that it has been a tough time.

However, there has many good things as well and this culminated today in finally meeting one of my best twitter friends and her husband. We had a lovely lunch out and the company was excellent. It is moments like this that make me realise just how much friends mean to me and that I could not have gone on for so long without their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment