Thursday 20 June 2013

Live the life we have

So, now I have introduced myself to you all, makes it easier for me to talk about the issues surrounding me. As you saw from my first blog, I am 46 and have terminal cancer. I have just about come to terms with it but it is the others in my life that it has hit the most.

However, main reason for going down this road on my blog is simple, to introduce you to the wonderful work that is going on by the wonderful people in my life

We have Angie Spencer who recently organised a team of super heroes to Run 4 Cancer and raising money for families to get a small holiday together while they can. She also is heavily involved with a lovely charity in Romania .

We then have Fiona from Georginia May who are working closely with Target Ovarian Cancer and will be offering a special charity chocolate section on her site, so make sure you buy.

Diana, who runs the wonderful Peggy's Collection and Peggy's Yarns is in conversation with Pancreatic Cancer UK with a lovely idea that will raise a great deal for them and is obviously the closest to my heart.

I am proud to be associated with all of them and between them, they keep my faith in humanity alive. There are also others who are brilliant at being there too, despite their own issues, such as Jayne Cox, Dinah Livesridge, Barrie and Chris Kaplin, Liz from Smiley Petz,  Emma Porter and of course the lovely Jenni Smith, who is so prominent in her own work with Harrison Fund (which I personally support too). There are tonnes of others who help me with cheery tweets and messages and I thank them all.

All this going on, is not going to heal me but as i said, I am comfortable with the fact that I am surrounded by beautiful people.

Sorry no pictures on this one folks but lots of lovely links to the important people in my life xx

1 comment:

  1. beauty finds beauty, strength gives others strength...keep battling, science and medicine don't have all the answers...will and determination, positive thinking also help and are in your own hands take care xxx

    ReplyDelete